Share this post:
Millions of people are choosing veganism—or plant-based eating—as a logical and sensible response to their concerns about animals, the environment, and their health. And yet, despite their positive intentions and even the personal benefits they experience, many revert back to consuming meat, dairy, and eggs.
I’m trying to change that. For the animals. For our planet.
For my fellow humans. After decades of gathering stories, drawing on my own observations and experiences, studying the data that’s available, and hearing from thousands of people, I’ve come to learn that people stay vegan or stop being vegan depending on well they navigate the social, cultural, and emotional aspects of living vegan in a non-vegan world:
- constantly being asked to defend your food choices
- being outside of the status quo and not having a sense of belonging (where you once did)
- feeling the pressure (often self-inflicted) to be perfect
- and experiencing guilt, remorse, and anger
All common experiences that—if not addressed—can lead to giving up entirely. In my latest book, The Joyful Vegan, I provide the tools for navigating and overcoming the most common challenges, arming readers with solutions and strategies for:
- cultivating healthy relationships (with vegans and non-vegans)
- communicating effectively
- sharing enthusiasm without proselytizing
- finding like-minded community
- and experiencing peace of mind in a world that wants you to eat meat, dairy, and eggs.
By implementing the tools in this book, I believe that readers will find that they can live ethically, eat healthfully, engage socially, remain a joyful vegan—and help others do the same!
Hi! I’m Colleen.
Hello, and welcome. I’m Colleen, aka The Joyful Vegan, and I’m here to give you the tools and resources you need to eat, cook, travel, and live compassionately and healthfully.
My Recommended Products
Make a Donation
Donating = Loving
For more than twenty two years, my work and podcast have remained free (and ad-free) thanks to support from listeners, followers, and readers. If this labor of love has impacted your life at all, please consider becoming a supporter. 🖤 Thank you!