Honor Tradition without Compromising your Values
The Seder dinner, the Passover holiday, and the six symbolic foods on the Seder plate all combine to commemorate the exodus of the Hebrew slaves from Egypt and convey the powerful message of Passover: that freedom is possible, that slavery can end, and that the future can be better than the past.
Join me in today’s episode as we discuss:
- the significance of the symbolic foods of Passover
- the acceptable alternatives to the shankbone and egg on a vegan seder plate
- how a plant-based Passover authentically reflects the principles of this holiday
- ideas for a delicious vegan Passover menu
and so much more!
HOW TO LISTEN / SUBSCRIBE TO FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
- Click PLAY on the player above.
- Listen and subscribe through Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Soundcloud, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Subscribe to the RSS feed.
Food for Thought Podcast is listener-supported. Please join other supporters by going to Patreon.com/ColleenPatrickGoudreau and becoming a patron.
Hello, and welcome. I’m Colleen, aka The Joyful Vegan, and I’m here to give you the tools and resources you need to eat, cook, travel, and live compassionately and healthfully.
Donating = Loving
For over twenty years, my work and podcast have remained free (and ad-free) and vibrant thanks to support from listeners, followers, and readers. I have no staff, no interns, and no assistant. What you see (and hear and watch) is a one-woman labor of love that is also my life and my livelihood. If this labor has impacted your life in the past year (or the past decades), please consider aiding its sustenance by becoming a patron or by making a one-time donation. Your support makes all the difference.